Thursday, June 14, 2012

Presenting at a side event

Post by Douglas F. Williamson

This morning, with only three mosquito-tortured hours of sleep upon arrival in Rio, I made it to Rio Centro, the convention center hosting the Rio+20 Conference on Sustainable Development. After registration, I made my way immediately to room T-4 where I was a panelist on a side event discussing innovative solutions for global challenges. There I gave a brief speech about the importance of establishing a common ethical framework as a starting point for all sustainable development initiatives and innovative solutions. I was also able to speak about the new Earth Charter Center for Education for Sustainable Development and its innovative approach to transformative learning. I hope to have many more opportunities over the next ten days to elaborate on the new Center and discuss the importance of Education for Sustainable Development in the post-Rio+20 phase.

Let us know if you have any questions by posting here or on our social media pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment